POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : glows in MP 0.7 : Re: glows in MP 0.7 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:32:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: glows in MP 0.7
From: Tom Stone
Date: 27 Aug 2001 16:36:02
Message: <3B8AB073.1D8F23E0@telia.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> Even if you can specify a glow inside a union, it won't be part of that
> union. If you translate the union, the glow won't move, and copies of
> the union won't have the glow.

Aha, that explains my problems. But it seems like 'rotate' works, because the glow
in the follow-spotlight moves with the object when I rotate it. Which I'm happy
for :-)

> However, I thought I had disabled glows
> inside unions to avoid this confusion...

I'm using the latest version of MacMegaPov, if that helps.

> I plan to eventually make glow an attribute of objects, like media, that
> will make the surface of the object glow. There will be a separate glow
> object (a real object, useable in unions) to do the point glows (and
> maybe other shapes: lines, circles, other geometric shapes, splines...).

Sounds great!
Talking about things like this, is there any chance that you'll update your
webpage with a progress report on your programming projects? Several of your ideas
sounds extremely interesting, and I check in there frequently to see if anything
has been released. I'm especially interesten in any news on your "DF3 Sculptor".

> > Is there another way to add glow that accomplish the same as putting it in an
> > union?
>
> Only by making a macro to create the object and glow.

Oh, well. For now it seems easier to place them out by hand. But thanks for the
tip. This is the first time ever that I've tried the Glow thing, and if I need to
use it again, I will use it in a macro.

Thank you for your quick reply!
Tom